I know this has been a long, long overdue. I have promised you this recipe a couple of weeks ago and I never got around to it, so here it is. Sorry for the long wait.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (not margarine) softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (ripe)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tsp. milk or cream
- Spray a 12-in. fluted tube pan with Baker's Joy OR grease with some butter and sprinkle sugar, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in bananas and extract. Combine flour and baking soda and add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan (pan will be full and might and might over flow while baking, i suggest you place a baking mat or parchment paper under the tube pan).
- Bake at 325F for 75-85 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth, drizzle over cake. Store in fridge.