Thursday, February 18, 2010

PW's Cinnamon Bun Pancake - Recipe

I've loved pancake ever since I was a little girl. It was one of the yummy Merienda our Yaya (Nanny) used to serve us. We would eat it brushed or slathered with Star Margarine and dip or sprinkled in sugar or just as is. I don't even think we had syrup back then or maybe our mom just didn't buy it. LOL! Brings back memories.... I have other food memories while I was growing up but I will talk about that some other time.

Anyway, I was looking at PW's site the other day, just browsing and I saw this pancake post. I wasn't really craving for pancake but I'm sick of making the same old boring pancake. I've made the plain one and the blueberry but I can only eat so much blueberry and this was something different. Just like Andrew Zimmern would say, "If it looks good, eat it". This looked good so I will eat it, well after I make it. LOL!

We're gonna need some flour
Sugar, normally I would add more than what it called for but this time I didn't. I was feeling sweet enough this morning, haha!
Salt
Baking powder, I always use Calumet. It's what I was introduced to since I was little.
Cimanamon, cinamanamon, CINNAMON, LOL! McCormick is the best :-) I bought this huge jar since it's only a few bucks difference. I got this at BJ's for less than $6.00 and the small one at the grocery store is almost $3 bucks.
Sift all the dry ingredients, set aside while we deal with the wet ingredients.
Oh, I forgot you have to mix them all so they will be happy, then set aside. LOL!
Milk
Eggs
Corn syrupVanilla
Melted butter
Whisk them all and be merry
Add the dry ingredients to the wet one and mix them all together until they look likeThis :-) Doesn't it look like those Grey Poupon mustard? LOL!
This is when the good part and when you start to taste the goodness of this yumminess. I have no idea if those words are even in the dictionary.
Serve and drizzle with any syrup you prefer and enjoy. This pancake melts in your mouth, it's sooooo fluffy and sooooooo soft. Just try it and you'll see.

So here's what you really need with measurements this time.

Ingredients:
• 1 ½ cup All-purpose Flour
• 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
• ½ teaspoons Salt
• 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
• 2 whole Eggs Beaten
• 1 cup Milk
• 2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
• ¼ cups Butter, Melted
• 1 Tablespoon Vanilla

Instruction:
  1. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon with a whisk. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined.
  2. In separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, corn syurp, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
  3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium/low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Brown on both sides.
  4. Serve warm with icing drizzled over the top.
Have a go at it and make it. I know you have all those ingredients in your cupboard so no excuses.
clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails