Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Explosion Cookies Recipe



This is for all the chocolate lovers out there. I bet you can have 1 2 or 3. I think it's in the healthy food group category. Hey, it does have oatmeal in the mix, so it's healthy, right? Plus chocolate is supposed to be good for you too, but just don't eat the whole 3 - 4 dozen cookies. LOL!

I have tried and tweaked this recipe a few times and by golly I think I have finally mastered it. Ok, not mastered but I think know I perfected it, to my liking of course. 

As most of you know I'm not a cookie fan of anything that is sweet. I don't have a sweet tooth. Spaghetti on the other hand, I could probably eat the whole pot, but that's another story for later. LOL! So, I like this recipe since it doesn't call for a lot of sugar.

Well, let's get started shall we?

Here's what you will need:
  • 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
  • 1/4 cup coco powder 
  • 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 cup crushed up walnuts (optional) 

Here's what you do:

  1. Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
  2. Cream butter and add coco powder and mix well. Add brown sugar and mix until blended.
  3. Stir in vanilla extract, almond extract and egg until light and fluffy.
  4. Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt, mix until blended.
  5. Stir in semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate.
  6. If you have a 1" ice cream scooper use that to have an even size cookies, if not a good 'ole round scoop with a trusty spoon will do. Make sure they're about 2 inches apart, cookies will spread a little.
  7. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.


When it's cooled down a bit, grab a glass of ice cold milk and ENJOY!!! Keep the cookies in an airtight container if you or your family doesn't polish the whole thing after baking. Yah, it's that good. This cookie doesn't get hard, it kept its chewy-ness for a couple of days.


Little man is going cross eyed looking at the unbaked cookies. LOL! He wanted to try the cookie dough and be sneaky like his daddy.

Cookies are all done and ready to be eaten. I have to say, I did have one or 2. It was pretty good and not too sweet.


Don't forget to add me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails