I've been cooking like crazy and trying new easy recipes. Mostly recipes I got from the internet and most of the time I tweak it. My kids aren't picky but kids always have something they don't like. One doesn't like onions, even though you can't really taste it when it's mixed in with the sauce OR the other one will complain about the sweet peppers, again you can't really taste if you eat it along with the meat. LOL! Kids are funny that way.
Anyway, I've been trying to make easy meals that are not loaded with a bunch of ingredients. Most of the ingredients on this meal is probably already in your pantry.
Here's what you need:
1 box Macaroni and cheese dinner (I used Kraft deluxe or regular box will do)
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 cup salsa (I used mild)
How to make it:
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare mac and cheese as directed on box. While waiting for the macaroni to cook. Cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on packet. Mix in sour cream into mac and cheese.
4. Spoon half the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish.
5. Top it with meat mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese and remaining Dinner mixture; cover.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
* Notice how one side has salsa and the other side doesn't? Yup, kids requested it that way.