Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dinosaur BBQ Honey Hush Corn Bread (Recipe) 7/22/10

(This is the Dino BBQ's corn bread)

Every time I hear Dinosaur BBQ my mouth waters (drool), just kidding. My mouth is watering right now just talking about it, well typing. We don't go there a lot but when we get the chance I chow down. Their meal always comes with this piping hot corn bread but I never really tasted it. I usually just eat what I have and give the corn bread away.


The last time we went we got some to go and the very top of the bag was the corn bread and it smelled so sweet, even hubby asked for a slice. It was way too hot and I said no. 5 minutes later I couldn't help myself so I grabbed one and it was heaven. It was just perfect, moist and not too sweet. Then I remembered I have their cookbook at home, and knew I had to make one.

I made one and it was good while it's hot but it gets way too crumbly and dry out when it sits for a day. I might have to tweak the recipe and see what I can change.

(This is my corn bread)

So here's the recipe, right out from the book. Hope you make one and let me know how it turns out. This recipe makes 9 square servings.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal

  • 1/4 cup sugar

  • 3/4 cup flour

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten

  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

  • 1/4 cup melted butter

  • 2 tablespoons honey

Instruction:
  1. Set the oven at 350 degrees F, Grease an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with shortening. Pop the pan in the oven to heat while you're mixing up the corn bread.


  2. Mix the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.


  3. Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter in another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give them a good stir, just til everything is moistened. Pull the hot greased pan from the oven and pour in the batter.


  4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or til a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take the corn bread out of the oven and brush the top with honey.


  5. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares.

(This is my corn bread)

1 comment:

  1. eating a piece of their corn bread now. LOL. will try yours soon.

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails