Friday, June 4, 2010

Tom and Jerry Cake 6/4/10


Tom and Jerry was one of my all time fave cartoon show growing up. So I was really excited when my best friend asked me to make the cake for her daughter. At first I was like, heck no! Are you crazy? I've never made anything so complicated ever. She then kept bothering me about it and kept telling me that I can do it. So I said, what the heck! I will try it just for fun.

The idea first came when we were checking out birthday cakes and I asked her what Brizzy wanted for her birthday cake. Then she said Tom and Jerry. So I googled Tom and Jerry and the picture below was the original cake we saw. It was from the book "Cartoon Cakes By; Debbie Brown"
The cake I made was a sponge cake 'coz it holds better when molding. Tom's head is cake and so is the mallet. Jerry is made of fondant and everything else. This was a time consuming cake but it's worth it at the end. Brizzy loved her cake and that made me happy.

The head is all cake and covered with MMF (Marhsmallow fondant)

The mallet is also cake and covered with fondant.

I know, I know! Jerry doesn't even look like him but that was the best I could do.

The birthday girl is a bit shy and I actually had to force her to get a picture with the cake, LOL! Sorry Brizzy :-)

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Ganahan jud ko ani nga cake oi kay cute kaayo.. hehehe nindot tan-awn nalang dili kan-on.. hahahaha... she is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails