Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet Bread Dough RECIPE


My last post was 2 weeks ago, but it felt like I haven't posted anything in over a month. Time does fly so fast these days.

So with the weather heating up, I haven't had the chance of turning the oven on. Even with the AC the house still gets too hot if I bake something. So this bread, I baked a while back and has been on the to post hold for while.

I got this recipe from a good friend and I've made this bread a few times differently. I have tweaked it a bit, depending on what fillings I add, or not add.

You need:
  • 1 cup of lukewarm milk
  • 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup soft butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour


What to do:

1. Put the lukewarm milk into a large mixing bowl and add the yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes to ferment. Stir and add sugar, salt, butter and eggs, beat thoroughly
2. Add just 1 1/2 cup of the flour ( the remaining 1 cup will be used later). Let the dough rise for 40 minutes, then add the remaining flour.
3. Use enough flour to make the dough just barely firm enough to handle.
4. Cover and chill for a least 30 minutes in the fridge
5. Now, this dough is ready for shaping.
6. You may transfer the dough into a lightly floured board and shape it into balls or place the dough into a greased loaf pan (if you plan on making it with filling) or muffin pan if you want to just make it into rolls.
7. At this point, the dough will deflate, so you have to let it rise again until it doubles in bulk covered with clean dish cloth.
8. Brush with melted butter or egg white and bake at 400F for 12-20 minutes (depending on the size ) or until it is golden brown.
9. I sprinkled mine with sesame seed, but you can omit it if you don't like sesame seed.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Thumbs up man kaha.. hehehe.. this looks delicious. I might want to try this one some time, pretty lady C. :)Thanks for sharing.

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails