Doesn't it look pretty? I thought so too. I made this because I was inspired the rainbow cake, which I saw at Whisk Kid's site. I made that rainbow cake too, remember? Everyone loved that cake. It was too pretty to eat but, we did. You betcha! I was so inspired by the rainbow cake that I had to make pancakes as well. If the kids enjoyed the cake so much, why not color other things too. So rainbow pancake it is.
rainbow cake instead. Come on now, I know you can do it :-) Both will taste good, so it doesn't matter which one you make.
Are ya licking the screen yet? I hope not. LOL! I'm telling it's finer lickin' good :-)
Here's what you need:
- 2 cups Original Bisquick Mix
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Food coloring (I used gel, the color appears bolder)
- Stir all ingredients until blended. Divide the batters evenly, depends on how many colors you wanted. I didn't have an exact measurement on how much batter is divided. I just separated 5 batters in each bowl and color. The more color you but it the brighter the pancake gets. ** Don't put too much or you will have a bitter batter pancake. (Say that 5 times fast).
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.) Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle or however you want them to be.
- Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden.