The title got me too. Sounds yummy doesn't it? I've never had pecan pie, EVER. I've been wanting to make it for a long time but never had the urge to really make it. So when I saw this from Bakerella's site, I knew I had to try it. I know hubby, likes pecan pie, but this one has brownies on them.
So here's the recipe that I got my Bakerella's page. She has 2 versions on her site. The Fudgy and regular. I picked the fudgy one of course. LOL!
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon self-rising flour
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups pecans
1 package brownie mix and ingredients listed on the box
2 frozen deep dish pie shells or 2 frozen pastry roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place brown sugar in a large bowl and work out lumps. Add flour and stir together until the flour disappears.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly until combined.
- Add melted butter. Fold into mixture until it disappears.
- Loosely beat two eggs in a separate bowl and fold into mixture until the eggs disappear.
- Stir in pecans and set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on package.
- Remove two frozen pies shells from freezer and divide brownie batter evenly between the two. (Deep dish for fudgy version and regular-size for the brownie version.)
- Spoon pecan pie mixture evenly between the two pie shells.
- Bake fudgy deep dish version for about 40-45 minutes. Place a large sheet of foil across the top of the two pies for the last 10-15 minutes to avoid pie crust from browning too much.
- Bake brownie regular pie shell version for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Soooo, fudgy or not they will be good. I baked this for Thanksgiving and I gave one of the pie to the in-laws and they loved it.