I've had this recipe for a while now and never had the chance to try it. So before I got all sick, I made this and it was a hit in our home. The kids loved it, my little one even said he wanted it everyday for dinner. This recipe is for a 13x9 pan, but I know we won't eat the whole entire thing. So, I made it in a 9x9 square pan and made 2 dishes. I saved the other one and wrapped it really good for the freezer, so I can make it some other time.
My husband who's not a big fan of spinach even ate it and he didn't mind. He said it was good.
What you need:
- 1 container (16 oz.) Cottage Cheese
- 1 container (15 oz) Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained
- 2 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Mix cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and seasoning; spoon into shells.
- MIX the sauce and tomatoes; spoon half into your baking dish then add filled shellson top and cover with sauce.
- BAKE 25 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 2 min. or until melted.