Hot out there! I wish I have a pool :-) That would be awesome! I would just lay on a float all day long, LOL!
Here's another recipe for you to try out. This one is super easy and you only need one skillet or wok to make it. Simple ingredients and it's healthy for you. Even my kids loved it. Although, I am blessed and lucky to have kids that aren't picky. They pretty much eat anything I give them.
This dish in particular they love and they even asked for seconds. If you're a Filipina or born to a Filipina mother, you would know that Rice will always be in your staple. Although I am guilty of not cooking rice all the time. I might cook rice, maybe once or twice in 2 weeks. This dish definitely goes with rice.
Here's what you need:
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 medium sweet onions, chopped
• 1 cup of cut up carrots
• 1 cup cubed potato
• 1 cup sweet peas
• 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
• 1 cup chicken broth
• powdered cumin
• salt and peppers
• soy sauce
Here's what to do:
1. Sautee onion in a large wok or large non-stick pan, until transparent in color and caramelized; add garlic.
2. Add ground turkey and cook until brown.
3. Add carrots and potato with the chicken broth. Cook in medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the potato and carrots are done. Then add the tomato sauce and sweet peas and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
4. This time you can add the *soy sauce, *powdered cumin, *salt and pepper. Simmer on low for another 10 minutes and serve over hot rice.
* If you notice that I didn't put down how much Soy sauce, powdered cumin, salt and pepper to put in your dish. It's because each person has a different taste on their food. I don't put a lot of cumin on this dish because of the kids. Plus it's a very strong flavored spice. You can even omit the salt or the soy sauce (for less sodium).
Questions? Email me at CLAIREPFENDLER(at)yahoo(dot)com