Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs CUPCAKE (Recipe)


 July is a the most busiest time of the year for us. Almost every year our July calendar is pretty much filled with birthdays and parties on weekends. This year hubby's Birthday fell on a Monday. YUP! He's a 4th of July baby.

He has requested this Spaghetti and Meatball cupcake last year, which he saw in my Hello, cupcake! book,  but never had the chance to make it. So this year, our daughter and I decided to surprise him with this simple dessert. I baked a batch of vanilla cupcake and I just used a regular white paper liners. The frosting on the other hand I made from scratch. The book, called for 1 can of vanilla frosting, but if you know me, I hate anything pre-made. It's less special too :-) if you put a lot of work into something, then you might as well go all out and make everything fresh. RIGHT?

Since I'm so nice and I'm in a great mood I'm sharing with you on how to make your own Spaghetti and Meatball cupcake. This is what the book says. If you decide to make your own frosting then you're going to have to eye the ingredients they called for and add onto the frosting.


What you need:
*Note: I'm copying what the book says. I made a whole batch of cupcakes so I used 14 cupcakes and made added fresh blueberries on the rest of the cupcakes. It was yummy!

10 vanilla cupcakes baked in white paper liner 
1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 drops yellow food coloring
11 Hazelnut chocolate (Ferrero Rocher), unwrapped  (It's hard not to eat one while unwrapping, LOL!
3/4 cup low-sugar strawberry preserve (low sugar has the best color *I used SMUCKER's)
2 tbsp. grated white chocolate, plus and additional chunk for garnish (Optional)

What to do:
1. Tint the vanilla frosting with the cocoa powder and yellow food coloring and spread a thin layer on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a swerving platter so that they are touching.
2. Spoon the remaining frosting into a ziploc bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Snip a 1/8-inch corner from the  bag. Pipe the frosting all over the cupcakes to make the spaghetti, piling it high and allowing some of the spaghetti to hang over the edges.
3. Place the hazelnut chocolates and the strawberry preserves in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Spoon some of the preserves on top of the cupcakes. Place 1 hazelnut chocolate on each cupcake and 1 on the platter. Top the cupcakes with the remaining strawberry preserves.
4. Sprinkle with the grated white chocolate. Place the chunk of white chocolate on a separate place with a small hand grater and bring to the table with the platter of spaghetti.

This would also be great for April Fools Day. Just watch and enjoy everyone who falls for it. The kids would absolutely love it!


~~ Thanks for stopping by and make sure you say Hi ~~

7 comments:

  1. That is so cute!!! I like the idea so much. Maybe I can try making these for my niece's birthday this July. I will use homemade vanilla frosting too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good!I guess it's a great alternative to the old fashion birthday cake or my little children

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! I will be making this for our reunion. They will surely be amaze by this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sterling Rose,
    Thanks you! My kids loved it too, but it was for my husband. Even his family thought it was the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melani Jumbo,
    Thank you! I would love to see the result and pictures of your creation. I'm sure your families would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Spaghetti and Meatballs cupcake is a great treat for my kids especially during their birthday. I’m sure they would love it because this is something new and they don’t normally see it.

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails