I buy Bananas all the time, sometimes we eat it and sometimes it site and gets mushy. Most of the time I just bake banana bread. Although for the past 3 or 4 times I've made banana bread, they don't get eaten. So this time I figured I make muffins / cupcakes instead. This recipe is also a banana bread recipe, so, if you prefer to make the bread you can do so. Just make sure you grease the bread pan before putting the batter into the pan.
I have tweaked this recipe so many times and this time I finally, I think, perfected it. LOL!
Here's what you need:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (No one in the family likes nuts on anything so I OMIT this) OPTIONAL
- 2 cups chocolate chips (We love chocolate chips instead) OPTIONAL
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Here's what to do:
- Heat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pan with the paper liner / cupcake liner.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and butter, beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blend well. Add bananas, milk and vanilla, blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, nuts, chocolate chips, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture , stir well until all the dry ingredients get combined and moistened. Scoop a big spoonful into the paper liner.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. Cool for another hour or until completely cooled. Wrap tightly or a tight container and store in the fridge.
The kids loved it and so did I. I can just have one piece and I'm good to go. With the banana bread, I usually cut a big slice and eat a lot. With this cupcake / muffin size, it's well proportion.