Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Barbie cake for Twins 6/15/10

Izzy and Rizzy are twin girl who were born in the Philippines, but they are American girls. They were born on July 12, Philippine Independence Day. They live here in the US and when their mom, my cousin, asked me to make them a cake I was really excited. I promised them last time I would make their cake, since I didn't get to make it when they asked me before.

I had to make 2 cakes for twins but I didn't want to make 2 separate cakes. My cousin, bought 2 Barbie dolls and I figured I would make a huge round cake and just sit both of them on top. It actually turned out pretty good. I thought it wouldn't fit.

When I was towards the end, I was not so happy with the results. I ran out of MMF at 10 at night and with 2 kids in the house with no vehicle, I was not happy at all. I was frustrated that the twins wouldn't have a lot of color in their cake and they wouldn't like it. BOY, I was wrong! When they saw the cake the next day they couldn't stop looking at it. They were so excited and happy. Just seeing them happy made me happy :-)

I have to make cupcakes so they both have their own color. I messed up one of the cupcake color. I thought it was going to come out pink but it came out reddish (need to buy pink color). The colors the twins like are purple, pink and green.


3 comments:

  1. Kalami ba oi.. saon nalang maayo jud ka mo himo sa mga cakes.. weeeeeeeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your talents are getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! You and your Fondant really know each other na! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails