I've made this a while back and it's finally posted. I'm posting this today 'coz I saw some pretty ripe bananas in the counter and it made me think of this cake. Make sure you let me know how it turned out by commenting below or let me know in Facebook. I love hearing from all of your experience with the dish or dessert you've made.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400F. Lightly coat 6 or 10 cup bundt pan or tube pan with Baker's joy or any flour spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl or / if you have a Kitchen Aid, beat together egg, sugar, mashed banana, oil and vanilla until smooth, about 2 minutes. Turn it on low and add in the flour mixture just until blended. Stir in walnuts (OPTIONAL). Spread the batter into the bundt pan evenly.
- Bake in 400F over for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack and invert into a plate or cake rack and let cool completely.
- To garnish, place semi sweet chocolate on a microwavable bowl for 40 seconds and add 20 seconds after that until melted. DO NOT OVER HEAT OR THE CHOCOLATE WILL HARDEN. Drizzle on the cake, then repeat with the white chocolate.
- Enjoy and share, or not!