Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tips : Marinating meat, poultry and seafood


Just a tip on how I marinate our meat, poultry and seafood. When I buy meat and poultry I get them in bulk. It's much cheaper that way. So when I get them home and get them all prepared and divided in Ziploc freezer bags, I usually add whatever marinade I want to use.

I have 2 favorite marinade, Lawry's Hawaiian with tropical fruit juices and Ken's Steak house Marinade and sauce Honey Teriyaki. Those are the only one that I really had the liking, maybe it's because it reminds me of the Philippines.

First I get all the meat or poultry separated and place in each in the freezer bags. I usually put enough meat that will feed my family. Then I add enough marinade in the bag and zip close, swish it around to coat the meat inside, then I place them in the freezer.

When I need the meat, I just take it out a few hours before grilling and let it thaw while it marinates the meat. That will save you time and waiting in the long run.

Happy Grilling!!!!

So, have you ever wondered and get confused what marinate and marinade means??? I was. I though it meant the same, but I guess not. So let me tell you what my dictionary says.
MARINATE; to steep (meat, fish, or vegetables)
MARINADE;
a savory usually acidic sauce in which meat, fish, or a vegetable is soaked to enrich its flavor or to tenderize it.

** Make sure you MARINATE your chicken with the Teriyaki MARINADE overnight.


~~ Thanks for stopping by and make sure you say Hi ~~

5 comments:

  1. Good tips sis... makagawa nga ng ganito thanks for sharing sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis Nelds, you're very welcome! You will love it! Sarap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! grilling season is here! I cleared our patio today, I can't wait any longer... What a timely post! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agoy ganahan man sa ta ani mag bbq or mag grill da.. saon ni tugnaw man ug balik today.. hahaha mingaw naman ko sa pinoy style bbq. naa ba ka recipe, pretty lady C?

    This is your new blog na ba? I will follow!

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ganda, this is still the same blog. I just changed the top and title, lol! So follow na ka sa una pa hehehhe

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails