Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pudding Pops and beyond - Recipe


I first saw this post in Pinterest. This is one of the few that I have actually tried and tested right away. I've made it twice already in 1 week. Between the hubby, the kids and friends with their kids who stops by. I had to share it. It's just that good.

The first time the kids and I made it, more like the kids offered and went on to whatever they were doing and me slaving in the kitchen. Seriously though, it's super easy you don't need your little helpers, who mysteriously appear and offer their helping hand when you're all done and the spoon and beater blades need licking.

Anywhoooo!

You will need 3 ingredients + the cups and popsicle sticks
* 1 small package of Jell-O pudding (I used chocolate)
* 1 1/2 cold milk
* 2 cups cool whip

** The 2nd time we've made this (sorry I didn't get pics) we've added crushed oreos and mini marshmallows in the mix. Next time we're trying different kind of pudding. Little man said the green kind (he meant pistachio).

* 3 oz. dixie paper cups
* popsicle sticks (I used plastic spoons, you will know why down below. It's under one of the photos)





* Mix milk and pudding in a large bowl. Whisk until thick.




* Add cool whip and mix well.




* All ready to be eaten scooped into the cups and freeze.



* Scoop into the paper cups all the way to the top and insert the stick or plastic spoon. So why plastic spoon you ask? Well, I have a thing with wooden items. I'm paranoid that my kids or anyone would get a sliver on their tongue or fingers using the popsicle stick. Is that bad?  Just thinking about it gives me the  heebie-jeebies. LOL! Laugh all you want when you're eating one with a wooden stick and get a sliver, we'll  see who's laughing then?


All ready for freezing.


I also cut up some aluminum foil to cover the top so it won't get freezer burn on top. Not that this will be sitting in the freezer that long.


Couple of hours later and it's ready to eat. Yum Yum Yummmmm!!!


Sorry I can't help myself. I had to take a bite.




~~ Thanks for stopping by and make sure leave a comment below and say hi ~~ 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... yum! yum! yum! I want to try this tomorrow and get me some ingredients. Can't wait! Thanks pretty lady C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to try this...ASAP.
    And I am with you on that icky feeling when I or the kids sliver their tongues or teeth on those popsicle sticks. It is making the hair on my neck stand right now.

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails