Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Truffle Tarts with Raspberry RECIPE





Every time my BFF comes to visit, we sometimes always ends up making something with chocolate. Last time she was here, which was only a few weeks ago we made THIS. Then a couple weeks later she calls and says she was coming over again and that she wants chocolate. I mean come on, who can resist chocolate right? I googled and searched online for something good that I haven't tried yet, and if you know me I'm not big on sweets. So when I saw the recipe for the truffle tart with raspberry, I knew I had to make it. I called her and told on her to stop at the store and grab the raspberry, only to find out that the store ran out. So, we opted for strawberry, which wasn't bad, but the raspberry would have definitely made the taste different and better.


I know you can't wait to make one too, so here it is.


Here's what you need:


     * 1 1/2 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs (I used Simplebites)
  •      * 6 tablespoons melted butter
  •      * 1 recipe Dark Chocolate Truffles (RECIPE FOLLOWS)
  •      * Fresh raspberry and extra for topping (In my case I used strawberry)

Directions:


1. Place chocolate wafers into a food processor and mix until finely crumb.  Transfer into a bowl and add the butter and mix well. 
2. Spoon 2 tbsp. of crumbs to the cupcake liner and press. I used the bottom of the shot glass to press the crumbs.
3. Place raspberry in the center of each cupcake liner and take your truffles that was in the ziploc bag and snip the side corner and fill the cupcake liner with the truffle mixture up to the top and smooth the top. Refrigerate until set. 


















Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies (All natural, wheat free, gluten free)


Chopped up dark chocolate for the truffle. (Recipe for the truffle is below) 




Dark Chocolate Truffles:


  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 12 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped ( I used baker's Bittersweet)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract




Chopped up bittersweet chocolate



Hot heavy cream added to the chocolate

Waiting for the truffles to cool down and whipped


How to make the truffles:






1. In a saucepan, bring the cream just to a simmer over low heat (don't over heat). 
2. Pour the cream over the chocolate in a big enough bowl and stir to melt the chocolate. 
3. Add the vanilla and stir until smooth. 
4. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. 
5. Beat the chocolate at medium speed with a hand mixer until it gets thick and light colored. 
6. Transfer into a big ziplock bag.















~~ Thanks for stopping by and make sure leave a comment below and say hi ~~

1 comment:

  1. Kalami ba ani pretty lady C oi. Agoy maglaway naman sad ta ani da. hahahaha... :) salamat sa pagshare... I will try this sometime. Nakatry ko adtong pudding pop pastilan wala jud nagdugay na hurot namong duha ni Harley. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails