Sunday, April 22, 2012

Red velvet (from the box) chocolate chip cookies Recipe



I blame pinterest for this crazy baking happening lately. LOL! Actually, I will blame the person that got me into pinterest. Who got me into pinterest anyway? I can't remember, but whoever it was, is in bigggggg trouble. No not really. I thought facebook was bad.

Anyway.

I was pinning the other day and I saw a post (can't remember what it was) but it led me to THIS site. So when I like what I see on a blog or site, I will sit here and pretty much look through the whole entire site till the very end. That's what I did. I sat here in front of the computer and just looked at How Sweet it Is blog. You should go and check it out. She has some amazing recipes and her photos are super cute and so pretty.

Red velvet anything is big with everyone. This little cute girl named Riley loves it when I make anything red velvet. I know so, 'coz her mom told me that my red velvet cupcake is the best there is. Ohhh, I love that girl. So when I saw THIS recipe. I knew I had to try it and share it with Riley.


Here's what you need:
  • 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
To do:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F*
  2. In an electric mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips. Roll into balls and bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
**  For the chocolate chip, I know her recipe says 3/4 cup, but I love chocolate chips too much and I want each and every bite would have a lot of chips so I used a 1 cup and a few extras. LOL!


** Also, I tried using the hand mixer with this and the batter was too thick so I used my standing mixer (Kitchen Aid). Then I used my spatula to mix in the chocolate chip. The dough will be very thick and I used my ice cream scooper so I will get an even ball and cookies. I used the 1 inch scooper.



My cookie ball. I used a 1 inch ice cream scooper.


Always and even and uniformed cookies.


My kids are going crazy at this point and I bet if they could tackle me for a cookie, they would have.


My daughter even snuck one out and she go caught, 'coz I can see her chewing hahaha. It was funny to watch.


So what are you waiting for? Go and bake, you will love it. You can use this creamcheese frosting recipe if you want to make a sandwich cookie, but not necessary. The cookie itself if good the way it is.


~~ Thanks for stopping by and make sure leave a comment below and say hi ~~

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good, pretty lady C. I must try this some time. :) Yum! Yum! Yum! Or can I just come over to eat? hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! They are so cute and unique. I am sure they taste divine as well! This is definitely going on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails