Monday, April 19, 2010

Deceiving DONUTS! 4/19/10


Ok, this was not my idea but I've seen it. I didn't know who it was and all I saw were pictures of the cake ball / donut and a quarter next to it to show how small it really is. She didn't show how to make it or anything so I had to try and make my own. When I first saw it, I really thought it was a donut but when I saw the quarter next to it, I just couldn't believe my eyes.

I had to try it right away, good thing I already had some cake ready for the cake balls I had to make for a friend. So I made my own cake ball / donut.

When you have all the cake mixed with the frosting. You can flatten them out in a wax paper about 1/2 thick and use any round cutter you have that's about an inch in diameter. I don't have such cutter so I used my big wilton tip.
Cut up a bunch and place them in the side or in a wax paper.
See how pretty they are already.
I then took another wilton tip and use the bottom to cut put the middle part. Make sure you save the middle part and place it back in with the other cake mix.
I got tired of making the donut shape so I just flattened some. Dip them in any colored chocolate you want and re-dip the half part. I used peanut butter for the half part to make it look like the real donut dipped in caramel. Then sprinkle any kind you want.
Don't they look like donuts?
If you didn't believe me, then see how tiny they are? I had to use my hand 'coz I didn't want to put it next to a quarter.
I drizzled some with chocolate.
Sprinkles!
The rest of the cake mix I turned into regular cake balls drizzled with melted peanut butter wafer.
Mini cakeball / donut treats
Chocolate too!
This one wanted to drizzled so they got drizzled, LOL!
See how tiny they are, next to the cake balls?

Let me know if you make one and make sure you come visit my facebook page and post your own creations there.

clairebakescakes

15 comments:

  1. Totally amazing! I'll have to try that when I get home. Yummmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. arrrrrrrrgggghhh makes me feel hungry right now.
    you did a great job, Ate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! I need to try these!!
    http://pretendpartyandplay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh those look amazing! I am definitely going to have to try and make those! I love how tiny and cute they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Melissa :-) HOpe you're having a great time in your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jo :-) It was fun, try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawna, you should. It's really fun and the kids love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Clorida, Thank you and make sure you let me know if you do try it :-) and post some pictures in my facebook fan page :-)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clairebakescakes/285209311451?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable cake ball! I did cake balls for the first time and they did not look cute at all. My oreo balls were adorable but these were much harder for me to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, Creative Claire,

    You are a recipient of the Happy 101 Award here:
    http://kusinanimanang.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-101-award.html

    You sure do make a lot of people happy :) especially with these cute deceiving donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Manang,
    Thank you so very much :-)
    I will definitely post it here in my blog. I feel honored :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gi order ni sya pretty lady C or this is your first time making it? Ga practise lang? Kalami ba ani oi samot na kay dagko kaayo ang pictures na makalaway oi.. cuties kaayo sila na pwede nalang tan-awon kay sa kaunon.. hahahaha... giunsa na gani nimo pag enlarge aning mga pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  13. this ia really nice i'll try making this one

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow they look so festive! :D salamat sa idea! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheska01,
    You're very welcome!
    Claire :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails