Saturday, April 3, 2010

Smooth cake ball (VIDEO) 4/3/10

Hi everyone!

I have a few of you that have asked on how to get a smooth cake ball when you dip them in chocolate.

I'm no expert on cake balls but I have done a few already that I have managed to figure out on how to dip mine fast and smooth. The key too is have a nice smooth and satiny texture on your chocolate before you start dipping. It has a lot to do with the chocolate you use too and how you melt them. I use the microwave a lot and it's the best way for me to melt my chocolate. Also what kind of chocolate melts do you have available? Another thing, heat is another factor on how to melt. If you melt it too high you actually cook the chocolate and it will get lumpy. Microwaving it for 30 seconds interval is how I do mine. Also you can add a solid vegetable shortening (I use crisco) to thin out the chocolate.

Be a fan at my Facebook page :-)

Hope this helps a bit and just send me a message.

11 comments:

  1. OMG you work so fast! It takes me FOREVER!!! hehe! Thanks for the video! That actually helps! Ive been using just one spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vid! That does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG-Thank you sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this helps so much!!!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job, love those cake bites...I just started making cake pops and my friends love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesommmme. It definitely helped, especially when I realized how much easier it was to get the ball off the fork if I kept it at the very tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UBIN,
    Thank you! I'm glad my video helped :-)
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. the chocolate is so thin! mine always gets so clumpy and thick really quickly. what kind of chocolate do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori,
    I use the bars. I use almond bark. It's cheap and it's much smoother when you melt it.
    If you melt it too high you actually cook the chocolate and it will get lumpy. Microwaving it for 30 seconds interval is how I do mine. Also you can add a solid vegetable shortening (I use crisco) to thin out the chocolate.
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails