Monday, April 26, 2010

Filipino Style BBQ on the stick, anyone? RECIPE 4/26/10


Before I start rambling on how good this BBQ is, I want to thank Vanjo from Panlasang Pinoy who inspired me and made me drool when I saw his version of this Filipino BBQ. Since I had my own recipe that I've had for a long time and so used to the taste that I tried his recipe instead. His site is pretty cool too since he's got a video that shows you how to make the BBQ step by step.

I didn't do my own step by step since I followed his direction. I used a tenderloin for this recipe but I've used pretty much whatever kind of pork there is that you can stick on a stick, LOL!

If you want my recipe it's below the pictures somewhere, LOL! If you want Vanjo's recipe it's here.

Here's my recipe:
  • 2 lbs. tenderloin (or any pork with no bones) cut in strips about quarter inch thick
  • 2 tbsp. minced garlic
  • 2 tsp. fresh black pepper
  • 1 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp. ketchup
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup 7-up
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. oil ( I used vegetable oil)
  • salt for taste
What to do:
  1. Cut up your pork and set aside on a large enough bowl to marinate with the wet ingredients.
  2. Combine all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
  3. Mix it in with the pork and make sure you mix the whole entire thing. Use your hand if you have to, just make sure you wash it first, LOL! (I used gloves)
  4. Cover with saran wrap and marinade for over an hour. I marinade mine overnight and let the flavor soak in.
  5. If you're using the bamboo stick, make sure you soak it in water, at least 30 minutes so it doesn't burn when you start to BBQ. You can also use the metal skewers (is that what they're called? LOL!) but be careful they get hot.
  6. Get your meat into the skewer and grill on medium - low and just brown. Don't overcook or the meat will dry out and get too tough.
  7. Serve with warm rice or whatever your heart desires. Well, if you have any BBQ left from eating while grilling :-)

clairebakescakes

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy! I need to copy this sis para sa memorial day mag BBQ kami . Ty sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I want this now! I am definitely going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people did 2lbs of tenderloin feed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMANDA, I don't remember really. I think 6-10 adults, depending on how many stick each person eats.

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails