Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Flo (Zebra pattern cake with pink)

6 months ago my cousin Flo and I were talking about cakes and she asked me if I could make her cake for her birthday. I was laughing because it won't be for another 6 months. She said, I'm just saying, you're making it, LOL!

6 months later it's time to make her the cake. We found one that was zebra pattern with pink stuff and she said that's the one. So I had to make a different version since I haven't made one with this pattern before. If you look at the picture the pattern is not as close as I wanted it to be, so the next one I'm making will be different.

Anyway, here's the cake and check out what happened to my hands. Don't play with red food gels. LOL!
You will need cake layers. You can use any cake you like. She wanted vanilla and I ended up making 3 (8" cake pan) with lots of domes, which I took off (just wait and see what I will do with the cake scrap).
Cover with buttercream frosting and make it smooth. Then wait 15 - 20 minutes for it to crust.
Grab a paper towel, use Viva if you don't want indentations on your cake or you can use wax paper like I did.

If you make something with red color make sure to wash your hands right away or you will end up with pink hands.
All done and ready for pick up. It turned good and I think she likes her cake, LOL! Actually, she might have forgot about her cake and was more into the Polvoron I made.


So the scrap??? I'm making a cherry cake balls dipped in chocolate right now and will post the outcome tomorrow :-)

Wishing everyone a Happy St. Patricks Day and hope everyone is having a great weekend.
clairebakescakes

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails