Friday, March 5, 2010

Men shirt turned into girls dress

I've tackled this dress before but failed. I tried this 2 years ago but I ended up with a mess load of scrap fabric all over the place and a shirt ripped into pieces out of frustration. Forward to now, while I was browsing Green bag lady's site and saw her post about this shirt I knew I had to try it, again. With the .99 cent shirt I got from Goodwill, I didn't care if it will work this time or not.

So I read the step by step on how to make this dress and this was so much easier to follow. The last tutorial was hard to follow and just a mess. If you want to make this dress you can visit DANA.

Started with a huge shirt :-)
Cut them all up, you can get the instruction here.
Since DANA explained it all in her site, I figured I would just sew the dress and show you the finished product. LOL!
Lexi loves the dress and she couldn't believe I made it. Now she wants more. Joshua wanted to be in the picture too. Don't laugh so hard, you might pee in your pants.
I tied the ribbon in the back, the front would probably work too but I like it better in the back.
In DANA's tutorial she had the elastic waistband added, but I didn't want to mess around with it so I decided to make it into a tie around instead. It's so much easier this way.

9 comments:

  1. very cute with the little tie! thanks for sharing with me. Add your photos to our flickr group:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1107392@N23/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love what you do, now I just have to try some it of!~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute dress Claire. You are a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, I posted back about this! Thanks for letting me know. I have got to make one too! Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ate, this is so pretty!
    I wish I could sew too but I really don't think it's my thing... The last time I've sewn was in high school and I don't remember any of the steps anymore.. Anyhoo, I did tweak some of my grandmother's hand-me-down skirts and even wore one of them as a dress to the graduation ball of my sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dana :-) I really love your site. I just joined flickr and I will post my pictures as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Megan, I was just at your site and what a great artist. That might be the one thing I am not good at. I really suck at drawing so I will stick with this. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so lovely mura ug gipalit nimo sa store, pretty Lady C! weeee..... ka nice ba oi.. wala man ko babae na anak gud kay ug naa pa ko baby girl napuno jud ko ug tahi.. hahaha.. :) you did a great job! :) I love it! Kana bitaw inig naa rummage sale pretty lady C mo palit jud ko ug dagko nga sanina ang uban wala pa lagi nato na tahi ambot ug asa na.. hahaha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sa gamay pa ko pretty lady C, akoa diay tuod mama manahi sa mga sanina nako.. hehehe so it reminds me of my mama na tahian jud ko nya ug sanina.. weeee Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails