Thursday, September 5, 2013

Before and After room makeover FINALLY DONE!


I promise this is the last post about the room makeover. I've been shared a few because I'm just so proud of myself by doing it all by myself. I've never really done something like this before. well, I did before she was born, but I had help.

This is my project, all on my own. No help by anyone. My bestie did stop by to watch me paint. Even if she offered to help, I would have said no. LOL!



Dresser drawer bought at an auction for $7. Trust me this drawer was awful looking before I painted it that lilac color. I swear it has layers upon layers of gross paint and had to strip it. Replaced all the knobs and it was all good to go. 


Then I repainted it again when I did the makeover in my daughter's room. I wanted to do all white furnitures and instead of buying new ones that are up to your neck expensive, so I opted to paint instead. I would bet these cabinets we have are probably sturdier than the newer ones. I know her dresser is.


Now onto the desk. This was tough. It had the shiny shellac paint and stained pretty good. I had to use one of those sharp putty knife, the metal ones. That did the job scraping the top part, but I still had to sand the crap out of it.


I have to say it looked pretty good after a long process of scraping, sanding and wiping it all down.  It only took me about 2 or 3 coats to finish the desk. Paired it with a pretty and comfy chair from Target and it's all set. Link for the DESK Makeover.


Overall this is what her room looks like after it was all done. She has the biggest room in the house with the huge walk in closet, but that's another story :-)


As you can see, the bed is the only one that isn't painted white. The reason is:

1. I was pooped and didn't want to sand paper the crazy post.
2. It would have been a pain in the butt to scrape and sand it.
3. I thought I was going to buy her a new white bed, but she prefer this one.


Last, but not the least. 


I wanted something colorful in our hallway and something to add color to her room. So, I decided to paint it with chalkboard paint. Love it, love it, love it!!!


Don't forget to add me on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails