This recipe feeds about 6 to 8 people so you can either make half of what the recipe calls for or make the whole entire thing have it for lunch the next day. LOL!
Break the spaghetti, I broke them into 3 and set aside.
You will need small onion, 2 cream of chicken or cream of mushroom, whichever you prefer.
Seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and some fresh black pepper.
Diced up green peppers and 1 jar of pimientos, drained.
4 chicken bouillon cubes and 8 cups of hot water.
Cooked and diced chicken
Saute the onion in butter and olive oil, this makes the house smell soooo good :-)
Add the chicken
Add the cream of chicken or the cream of mushroom
Diced green peppers
Chicken broth from the chicken, you will see what I mean when you see the recipe.
Mix it all so they will be happy all swimming together.
Mix in the drained spaghetti. Oh, make sure you use a huge enough pan so the ingredients doesn't overflow.
Add the rest of the cheese in the end and mix well. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
It's pretty good but too heavy. It's filling, well, it's pasta. LOL!
Here's what you need:
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 4 cans of chicken broth
- 1 box spaghetti (1 lb.) broke them in 3 pieces
- 2 cans (103⁄4 oz. can) cream of chicken ( I used Campbell's)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 jar (4 oz) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Add the chicken to a stockpot. Fill with 8 cups hot water and add the bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is cooked, or when the inside is no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the water (save the broth and keep the water boiling) using tongs or a slotted spoon and set it aside on a plate to cool.
- Remove 2 cups of broth from the pot and set aside. Add the spaghetti and Cook until tender. Drain it and set it aside.
- Cut up the chicken in cubes.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan and add the onions. Cook till caramelized and add the cooked chicken. Add the 2 cans of cream of chicken, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, green pepper, pimientos, 2 cups of the saved chicken broth and mix well.
- Add the seasoned salt, black peppers and the cayenne pepper. Just be careful with the cayenne if you have kids in the house, it might be too spicy for them.
- Add the rest of the cheese on top and cover, simmer in low for 10 minutes and serve.
❤ clairebakescakes ❤