Hmmm! Cheesecake, still not may fave but I do eat them, sometimes. I made this one 'coz I've never heard of it and I wanted to try something new and our friends were coming over for dinner and one of them lovessss cheesecake. Hubby loves cheesecake too and I had to hide it from him the night before or he might have taken a slice or as he would call it a sliver, LOL!
Here are some of the stuff you need. Don't see the sour cream? you don't need it on this recipe, which is nice since I don't keep it in my fridge much.
Then we crush the chocolate oreo cookie cream included. Then you press it into a pie pan. I used a tin pie pan for this so no clean up involved when all the cheesecake is gone.
This is where the beating begin, I mean mixing, beating the eggs, Uhm... you know what I mean.
Mix, mix, mix. Just mix like you've never mixed before. I'm just kidding, just look at the recipe on the bottom of this page in a bit.
The red batter goes in first, smooth it out. Then add the white batter in and smooth it out as well.
Then you bake, you wait, do something else like laundry, read a book, do your nails, etc... Just do something else and don't bother cheesecake while it's baking. Whatever you do, DO NOT open the oven door or your cheesecake will crack. Have you ever heard of such thing??? I don't believe it one bit, about this opening the oven door stuff. I never ones opened my door and look what happened to my cheesecake :-(
See, it cracked up and I wasn't even telling a joke, LOL! It really didn't matter 'coz it was a hit. Everyone including my kids loved it and our friends loved it as well. Our friend Mullet Man had a quarter piece of the pie and he wanted more.
Yes, I had a piece too. Not as big as Mullet Man's piece but it was just as good. I had a smaller piece.
If you want to try how good this Red velvety cheesecake is, here's the recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies, with the filling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces Baker's chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring, is using liquid / 1 tsp. if using the paste kind
- Crush oreo cookies, you can use your food processor or just place it in the ziploc bag and crush it. Add melted butter and mix until moistened. Press into the pie pan. Place in the fridge while making the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Measure 1 cup batter into medium bowl. Stir in melted chocolate and food color. Pour into crust. Top with remaining (plain) cheesecake batter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- For garnish I used the Smucker's toppings, Hot fudge and strawberry.
❤ clairebakescakes ❤