Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ground Turkey with Napa Cabbage - Recipe



This is another dish I made with no recipe. I had some napa cabbage laying around and I really didn't know what else to make with it, other than pork. I knew I had ground turkey so I opted with that. This is the first time I've made this and there's no fuzz and it's a simple recipe and you have it with hot rice. Few ingredients and my kids loved it.

Simple and quick is always good, specially when you have kids asking you every minutes when the dinner is. This one took me about 15 minutes and it was ready to eat. Also it's a one pan meal. Less cleaning that way.

Yes, my kids eat their veggies. This one actually asked for more, LOL!

Here's the recipe so you can try it too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lbs. ground turkey
  • 1 bunch of Napa cabbage, cut up
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 cup vegetable broth or water (chicken broth is good too)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp. butter
Direction:
  • Pour oil in a large enough pan or wok on a medium heat and add butter. Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes; add ground turkey and cook till golden brown.
  • Add Napa cabbage, soy sauce and broth. Bring to boil.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Cook till the cabbage is tender but crisp.
  • Serve with hot rice.
Enjoy!
clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails