This might be the most easiest thing ever to make. I would say an average home would already have this 2 boxes in their cupboards. A box of family size brownie mix and a package of chocolate chip cookie mix. I know what you're thinking, WHATTTTTT??? She makes things from the BOX? LOL! I don't do it all the time, but this time I did since I promised One eyed Blonde girl about this so I'm making it for her, Dang it! Why didn't I make it from scratch? I was a bit busy and the time was just not on my side.
It didn't matter though, it was still good and made from the heart, I meant BOX. LOL!
Just do this, I mean follow the directions below, when all the mixture are mixed hehe and so you can bake it already and taste it.
After mixing the brownie mix, spray a 9x13 baking dish with oil (PAM or whatever) and spread the mix evenly.
Then you take a spoonful of cookies dough mix
Drop them on top of the brownie mix, you seriously don't have to do yours like this. You can crumble them up on top to make sure everyone gets a piece of the cookie mix or you can do it just like mine. I did it for pictures. LOL!
Bake for 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes, I like my brownies chewy.
Let it cool for 10 - 15 minutes and pour the ganache on top (recipe below). What? Did you think I was going to give you the recipe now? I couldn't do that, I wanted you to see how good this thing is, so you will go make one. LOL!
First slice for the picture, you get a little of both, hmmmm! I liked it this way and still warm or
you can have it with ice cream :-) Mullet man said the ice cream was way too small so I made him one and used my big ice cream scooper.
See the Brownies and Chocolate chip just married? LOL! This was so yummy and just perfect.
Here's the ganache for the top:
- 8 oz. semi sweet chocolate, cut into small pieces ( I use Baker's)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
What to do:
- Place cut up chocolate pieces on a large glass bowl (don't use plastic) and set aside.
- Place the heavy cream on a medium cooking pot. Heat on medium high until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour over the cut up chocolate and stir until completely melted and have a glossy look.
- Allow ganache to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before pouring.
- When cooled pour and spread to cover the entire top of the cake.
- If you want the ganache to set quick you can stick it in the fridge for 10 minutes or so then serve. With or without ice cream :-)