Friday, February 26, 2010

Rainbow Cupcake - Recipe


I've seen this a while ago but I wasn't that ambitious to actually make it. Then yesterday I saw it again and my friend One Eyed Blond girl sent me a post about this cupcake, so here I am.

I'm sorry, that I don't have a step by step photo on this one. In the middle of taking pictures my camera decided to run out of juice, so I continued on with all the baking and no pictures. I will post the recipe and a step by step instruction.


This is the only pictures I got, the divided batter before the battery died and the after when the battery got charged.So here's the instruction on how to and the recipe for the cupcake.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs, large
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 lemon, just the zest (optional)
Instruction:
  1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest (optional).
  2. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. At this time preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
  4. Separate in 5 different bowls, or it depends on how many color you chooses to have in your cupcake. Color the batter to the color consistency you like. I wanted my batter to look brighter so I used about a teaspoon of wilton color.
  5. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter (I place about a teaspoon full and layer) and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with any icing you like. I used Wilton buttercream frosting.
Do you like the butterfly in the background? Click here to see how to make them.

clairebakescakes

3 comments:

  1. I bet this would be a hit to kids! Perfect for school functions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it would too, but sobrang maarte and school dito. You can't bring any homemade stuff for the kids. On their school birthday parties they have to be store bought or bought from the school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was watching Cupcake Wars the other night and these would have been perfect!! they didnt make anything nearly as pretty.
    karen

    ReplyDelete

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails