Monday, February 1, 2010

S'mores cupcakes borrowed - Recipe

This cupcake is definitely for someone who has a sweet, sweet tooth. It was way too sweet for me but I don't have a sweet tooth so it's OK for me to bake something like this.

Ok, ok! I will give you the recipe as soon as I show you all the stuff I had to to make it. LOL!
First you make the cupcake batter and scoop into the cupcake liner then add the graham crust.
I added some extra chocolate chips in, even though the recipe didn't call it. I know, I know it's bad but O well. It is an experiment and this is the very first time I've tried it.
I started with cutting the big marshmallow in half then I ran out so I used the small marshmallows. That fixed it :-)
This is where you add the yummy chocolate batter and then time to bake, bake, bake :-)
This is the cupcake that came out good. The first batch didn't come out too pretty. It was a real mess and I had marshmallow sticking out everywhere.

This is where the fun stuff begins. You take your baked cupcake, add more marshmallow (if you want). Then you drizzle, drizzle, drizzle it with the chocolate ganache.

Yup! I know what you're thinking. Those are soooo good I could just lick the screen or you could just get up and bake it. It will be fun :-)

See, my daughter loves it too :-) she even asked for more but I think one cupcake is enough. Specially with this much sugar with just one cupcake.

Anywhooo, Here's how you can make this messy mess of a cupcake so you can stop drooling now.

Cupcakes

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • Jumbo marshmallows cut in half, plus more for decorating or use the little mallow

Graham Cracker Crumb topping

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted

Ganache

  • 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup butter
Direction:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together with a wire whisk.
    Separate the mixture in half into two bowls.
  • Stir cocoa into one bowl and the graham cracker crumbs into the other.
    Add 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup oil to the cocoa mixture and beat on medium until combined.
    Repeat adding the same ingredients to the graham cracker crumb flour mixture.
  • Prepare the graham cracker crumb topping.
    Add the brown sugar and crumbs in a small bowl and pour on the melted butter. Stir until combined.
  • Pour a little graham cracker cake batter into the bottom of your baking cups and then sprinkle the topping mixture lightly on the surface.
    Place a marshmallow half on top and then cover the marshmallow with the chocolate cake batter until it is about 3/4 full.
    Sprinkle with more topping mixture.
  • Bake cupcakes for about 15 minutes. Place a cookie sheet underneath when you bake just in case. I had a little bit ooze over into the oven. Oops.
  • This recipe will make at least 12 cupcakes. I had a some batter from each left over so you can probably get more like 14-16.
  • Let cool and top with ganache.
  • Heat the butter and cream on the stove. Heat until just before it boils. Remove and pour over chocolate. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
    Pour over cupcakes and add more marshmallows if you desire.
I got this recipe from Bakerella, she's awesome. Make sure you check her out. I make a lot of stuff that's from her site.

clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails