Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beef with Potato, carrots and rice


Made this dish a couple of days ago. I got the beef out to thaw and really had no idea what to make. I was going to make "bestik" (beefsteak) but I wanted something that has veggies and the rice in the same pot so I don't have to make the rice separately. So I kinda came up with this dish :-)

I knew it was very good b'coz my daughter had second helping. I will definitely be making this again.

Here's the recipe:
1 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tbsp. butter (stick) NOT MARGARINE
1 lb. beefsteak cut into strips
2 cups potato thinly slice
2 cups carrots thinly slice
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of uncooked rice
1 can beef broth
Enough water for the rice to soak about 3-4 cups
Salt and pepper to taste

* Pour olive oil in a large pan, heat and add butter. Saute onion till caramelized, add garlic, add beef . Cook till brown and tender.
* Add the cup of rice, beef broth and 2 cups of water, boil on high and stir constantly to prevent burning the bottom. Turn to low cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
* Add potato, carrots and enough water so it won't burn on the bottom and dry out.
* Simmer till the rice is cook.

Note: Make sure that the dish does not dry out. It's better if it has a little bit of soup. If it's too dry it will looks like pudding.

clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails