Monday, January 25, 2010

Choco choco cheesecake Recipe



Description:
Been having a choco craving for Christmas week but I am never a fan of something that is too sweet, so I figured cheesecake would take the craving away.

Even though I'm not a big fan of cheesecake I really like this one. It's not too sweet and it's very chocolate-eeee.

Ingredients:
  • 20 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
  • 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened (I used Philadelphia)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
  • 3 eggs


Directions:
  • HEAT oven to 325°F. Press combined crumbs and butter onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
  • BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add chocolate; mix well.
  • ADD eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
  • BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

Note:
If using a dark nonstick springform pan, reduce oven temperature to 300ºF.
Dust entire surface of cooled cheesecake with unsweetened cocoa powder using a wire mesh strainer, if desired (I used a powdered sugar).
You can also garnish the top with raspberries or strawberry. I used a raspberry filling / jam on the side coz my aunt is allergic to berries :-)

clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails