This is a great alternative for pumpkin pie. It's yummy and it's filling with a great Brown Butter frosting or Cream Cheese frosting.
- 4 Cups cake flour sifted (not self rising)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 350*F, then line standard muffin tins with paper liner.
- Sift the cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and the rest of the spices together.
- With an electric mixer (KA) on medium high speed, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and pluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat until each is incorporated. (scrape side of the bowl if needed)
- Turn the speed to low and start to add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with 2 additions of buttermilk and beating until just combined.
- Add pumpkin puree, beat until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, fill each to 3 quarters full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer tins to wire racks and cool 10 minutes and turn out cupcakes onto racks and let cool completely.
- You can keep the cupcakes in the fridge up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- To finish spread with creamcheese frosting and enjoy!
❤ clairebakescakes ❤