This is the only banana nut bread recipe that I have ever used and liked. It's the very first one I have tried and have been using it ever since. Hope you like it :-)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened (use the butter stick not margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
** if you prefer to use chocolate chips instead make sure you omit either the chopped nuts or the raisins. I usually use 1 cup of chocolate chip and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
- Heat the oven to 350*F. Grease the loaf pan you are using.
- In a large mixing bowl (Use your KA if you have one) Combine sugar and butter, beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add bananas, milk and vanilla, blend well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, nuts, baking soda and salt mix well. Add to banana mixture , stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes , remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Wrap tightly and store in fridge.
❤ clairebakescakes ❤