I love chinese food but my thighs doesn't, LOL! They're quick and delicious but it could get quiet expensive if you buy them all the time. This recipe was given to me by my friend from HongKong and this is one of my fave chinese food.
We have a chinese restaurant maybe about a mile from where we live, but when it's super cold out and when you have 2 kids. It's not so worth it going out in the cold just to get a meal. No, They don't deliver. Thank goodness or I would be their number 1 costumer. LOL!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed OR strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli (optional)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- enough oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- green scallion for garnish (optional)
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour in low-sodium soy sauce, water, vegetable oil, and a dash of sesame oil; stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Dissolve 1/4 cup cornstarch into 1/2 cup of water, and stir into boiling sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens and turns clear, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and keep sauce warm.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 F (190 C).
- Drop in the battered chicken pieces, a few at a time, and fry until they turn golden brown and float to the top of the oil, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve, place fried chicken pieces onto a serving platter, and pour the hot sauce overtop or you can mix them together.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish.
❤ clairebakescakes ❤