Sunday, January 24, 2010

My very first Birthday cake for my kids

I envy those people who can just sit and start their blogs with no problems. Me on the other hand, sits here and thinks on what to write first. So if you notice most of my blogs that I have starts with this sort of intro, LOL!



Anyway, our kids birthday was planned late and I didn't think I was baking a cake. Their Nana and Lolo always get the cake for them as a birthday present so it's one less thing I have to worry about. BUT, his year was a bit different :-) they both decided that they wanted cakes, separate, so they can both have their own designs and they want ME to make it for them. So 4 days before their birthdays I had to google Kung Fu Panda and Pirate cakes. Good thing I found some that were easy enough to make and they both liked it. Gus wanted Kung Fu Panda and Lex wanted the pirate.
I was having a little bit of freak out though, I know I can do it but there is always that little voice in the back of your head saying. Are you really sure you want to do this? Grrrr!



The party was for Saturday and I was not even ready for anything. I don't have all the kids stuff for the party and I haven't even had the chance to get my groceries yet and it's Friday already and tomorrow is the party. It's about 11 in the morning and I had to run to the store and get everything I needed, quickly, come back home and then bake 2 kinds of cake. Chocolate for gus and Strawberry for Lex, 2 cake rounds total. I also had to clean the house, make dinner, do laundry and try to frost the cake. Which I never had the chance to do. I had to get up Saturday morning (party day) and started early with the cake. I must have been really in the zone 'coz I finished both cakes in 2 hours. The party turned out well everyone loved the cake.

clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails