Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mint Chocolate Brownie



A friend of mine from FHO (Filipina Homebakers Online) gave me a recipe for Andes mint cookie and I never really got to it. Then the other day we had to go to our friends house for dinner and I usually offer to bring something for desert. I asked them what they want and they said something different. I asked if they like mint and they said yes. My hubby also loves mint so that was a plus.
I wanted something chocolate so I came up with this. I had some Ghirardelli brownie mix laying around (Yes, I cheat from time to time and use from the the box) and the Andes mint chocolate (for the cookie). I cut up the mints (see picture above) and after mixing the batter I added the chopped up mints and pour into a well greased 13x9 pan. Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick come out clean on a 350F oven.

While baking I made my own mint buttercream. Just any buttercream recipe you have but I split the recipe in half and I ended with a cup which was perfect. I added the mint extract instead of vanilla and green food coloring. Spread on the top of the cooled down brownie.

Melt 1 square of BAKER’S chocolate and drizzle on top. You can also use whatever kind of chocolate you have to drizzle and ENJOY!!!

 ❤ clairebakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Away

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails