This extra rich and extra yummy cupcakes smells really good while baking and it's topped with a fluffy mocha frosting as well.
This is the cupcake recipe, although you can probably make a cake out of it. I've never tried it but I will
- Cupcake Batter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa (I use hershey)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee (strong coffee)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Ghirardelli baking chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of butter (stick), softened
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 3-5 tbsp. cold brewed coffee
- In a large mixing bowl (you can use your mixer bowl), combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups three-fourth full.
- Bake at 350*F degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- FOR THE FROSTING, in a small microwaveable safe bowl melt the chips, about 1-2 minutes and stir until smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Make sure this is cooled down before doing the next step (butter mixture) or you will have melted butter.
- Place butter in a large bowl and stir in the cooled melted chips, beat until blended.
- Gradually beat in the confectioner sugar and coffee. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes how ever you like.
❤ clairebakescakes ❤