I like this dish only if there is no AMPALAYA (bittermelon). My mom was making it the other day but I didn't eat it since she put some AMPALAYA on it, grrrr!
- 1 lb. pork with fats, cut in cubes
- 3 medium size eggplants
- 1 large ampalaya (bittermelon)
- 1 small bundle of batong (if you don't have batong then regular green beans can be used)
- 3 cups of squash
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of green or red peppers (or mix both)
- salted shrimp paste
- salt & pepper (if you prefer)
- Make sure everyhing is cut up and ready to cook before you start. If you want the AMPALAYA to have a milder taste then wash it in cold water and add enough salt, then squeeze the excess water out.
- Sautee onion till it's transparent then add garlic
- Add pork and cook till it's brown and the fats look like it's starting to get crispy.
- Add batong and about 1/2 cup water, then cover; simmer for 5 minutes
- Add eggplant, squash and ampalaya and cover till tender.
- Add salted shrimp paste, taste and see if you want to add more or not. You can also add the salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Add the pepper and stir.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY!
- Sorry but this is the last picture I took, right before we added the shrimp paste, ampalaya and the pepper .
❤ clairebakescakes ❤