I made this a couple of weeks ago and I'm finally posting it. I don't make this a lot but when I feel like sweet and sour this is the easiest way to do it. This is my own recipe as I go along I write it down and if I like it I will post it and I guess I liked it 'coz it's here. LOL!
You might wonder why I have it in categories. Well, It was easier for me to explain it this way.
Here's what you need:
- 1 bag (15 oz.) frozen meatball (thawed) or if you're Martha Stewart you probably have one in your freezer waiting to be used (also thawed)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or more if you like garlic
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 cup cut up carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 small can pineapple chunks and juice
- 1/2 cup bell peppers ( I used yellow, red and orange)
- 2 tsp. cornstartch
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
A. Place butter and Olive oil in a large saute pan in medium heat. Add meatballs and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then take the meatball out and set aside.
B. Using the same pan pour the olive oil, then add the onion and cook for a few minutes and add garlic and carrots, add the chicken broth cover and turn the heat down to low. Wait for 5 minutes.
C. While waiting mix water, soy sauce, ketchup and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add this into the pan and add the pineapple and bell peppers. Turn the heat to medium.
D. Mix the cornstarch and water then add into the pan as well. Wait for this to thicken and add the meatballs back in and let it simmer or until the meatballs are all heated. Enjoy with white rice :-)
❤ clairebakescakes ❤